General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Architect at Stennis Space Center, MS
Seeking a motivated and energetic Systems Architect to join our superb team of IT professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to excel and lead our development team to success.
Software Integration is at the core of the GDIT Development Process in delivering the best custom applications to our customers. This role requires coordination and collaboration with many GDIT and Government personnel including Software, Hardware, Systems Integration, Operations, and Release Management personnel.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance.Functional Responsibilities and Tasks: 1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Required Specialized Skills:
• Previous experience in leading technical teams, interacting with senior managers, defining requirements, providing and reviewing work assignments.
• Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
• Systems administration experience (RedHat Linux preferred).
• Experience with routine system upgrades associated with the implementation of new software versioning.
• Experience with IDE such as NetBeans, Eclipse, and JDeveloper.
• Experience with Web Server (WebLogic server preferred) WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Glass Fish, and Apache.
• Networking experience to include an understanding of network hardware, protocols, firewalls, and routing.• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in all phases of full life cycle applications and systems developmentPreferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
• Experience with Data Analytics.
• Cloud Migration experience.
• Familiarity with Security Development practices such as OWSP, NIS and FISMA.
•Experience with code management and version control tools• Applied knowledge of Agile Development Methodology, product development methodologies, database methodologies and software integration• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills• Strong client relationship management skills• Experience in the Federal/DoD community a plus
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.A Master’s Degree is preferred.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
# of Openings1
Job FunctionInformation Technology
Security Clearance LevelSecret
Full/Part TimeFull Time