/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., *it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care*.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Due to unprecedented growth in our Medicaid space and in order to match capacity to volume, our Medicaid Business Development team is excited to build upon our legacy of success by adding several new positions. With the changing landscape of health care, we are committed to advancing health and well-being for the constituencies we serve, including members, providers, state partners, and communities. Join us in building upon a winning tradition of improving the health of our members, managing healthcare costs, and simplifying the healthcare experience for all.
Responsible for the planning and direction of proposal development and strategy for Medicaid and Duals business. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Plans, organizes, and manages the work of the Proposal Management unit to support Medicaid, Duals, and specialty products business acquisition in new and existing markets.
* Oversees all aspects of the proposal development process for multiple large-scale and complex procurements simultaneously.
* Develops bid strategies and strategic positioning of growth opportunities on individual RFPs, RFIs and other sole source opportunities. Conductsand assimilates in-depth strategic/market research.
* Leads the analytical and strategic development, including the analysis and synthesis of business, technical, and government documents with a high attention to detail, during the live and post-procurement phases.
* Works closely with senior management, health plan leaders, and broad cross-functional staff.
* Serves as primary interface to the Business Owners and Functional Leaders during the proposal development process.
* Manages contracted/outsourced resources to augment existing staff as needed to respond to proposals.
* Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
* Requires a BA/BS in Business, Health Management, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field;
* 7 - 10 years of experience in business development, proposal management or related including 7 years of management experience, working knowledge of publicly funded health care programs, project management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* MBA or MPH preferred. Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) membership and certification preferred. Ability to travel 30% to 50% of the time.
*/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./*
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
**Title:** *Dir Proposal Strategy*
**Location:** *mississippi-Calhoun City*
**Requisition ID:** *135038*