Sr Operations Engineer I
The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative team member to take on the role of Sr. Automation Engineer in our Factory in Forest, MS. This position will be responsible for executing automation projects within the Forest factory.
The Automation Engineer will work for the Forest Automation Section Manager, and will collaborate with local factory leadership, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, operations, supply chain, and front end of the business Automation Lead to execute automation development and deployment and incorporate advanced Smart Factory/Industry 4.0 technologies as well as identify opportunities for process improvements via lean techniques.
The position will be networked across SAS factories, which includes locations in El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS), Santa Barbara County (CA), and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of automation deployment and/or sustainment in a factory setting, including high mix, low volume production.
- Experience in automation design, development, deployment, validation and/or sustainment in a factory setting.
- 4+ years’ professional engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 2 years being directly related to automation and/or controls.
- Experience with automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.)
- Experience with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems
- Understanding of automation programming environments
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical design, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or other related field.
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks, Pro E, AutoCAD electrical, etc.)
- U S Citizenship is required as the position will require the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within the 1 year of the start date
- U S Citizen ship is required as the position will require the ability the access US only Data Systems
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC torque controllers, current and power meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
- Knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots is highly desired (Fanuc, UR or others)
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment is highly desired
- Experience transitioning products and processes from prototype to production desired
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability and yield
- Enforce application of Raytheon standards, manage external integrators during specification generation, design review, design approval
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology and/or six sigma black belt or equivalent
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), ISA (International Society of Automation) 95 architectures.
- Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
- Ability to obtain an SSBI clearance, or candidate holds active SSBI.
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
- BS in and Engineering field or the sciences
- MS in engineering or business related field (for example, systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, or industrial engineering, MBA, Business Management, Program Management)
19859 Highway 80 East