Production Control Manager
Space And Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking to staff a Production Control Manager position in Forest, MS. The focus of this position is aligned with a Demand PC Lead role within our organization.
The successful candidate will be required to support the daily prioritization of the workload, track status to ensure requests are being completed in a timely manner; coordinate identified issues with the appropriate business and program contacts to rectify issues impacting MRP and initiate corrective actions.
Additional job responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Work to enable decision making and collaboration across a variety of functions and program areas through data analysis, simulation, and fact-based influence.
- Quickly develop credibility and influence, while leveraging strong interpersonal and leadership skills in order to align floor demand execution to operational plans with supply chain strategies and financial targets, and meet critical customer deadlines.
- Responsible for developing and driving strategic business decisions needed to align cross-functional priorities, mentoring and training of PC personnel.
- Work closely with Production Control, Program Operations, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and Program counterparts.
- Apply material management principles that enable them to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Analyze material availability in support of contract requirements, communicate factory priorities, identify barriers and solutions to enable the factory to meet tact rate, and take appropriate action to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Coordinate activities between numerous groups and clearly communicate program material status and identified risks.
- Ability to manage performance and development of team.
- Effectively communicate within an IPT environment.
- Possess strong SAP troubleshooting skills, extensive understanding of Material Requirements Planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to seek out innovative solutions and possess proven team leadership skills.
- Accountable for Inventory accuracy and Supply Health Metrics.
- Ability to work with Stakeholders & Peers to develop and implement release strategy, and Mitigate Supply Risk.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Confidential Clearance within 1 year of employment start date.
- 6 years relevant work experience
- Outstanding cross-functional leadership skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to set and work towards goals at a big picture level but effect change at a detailed operational level
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to understand complex systems and processes
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information from complex datasets into simple messages
- Ability to mediate discussions between stakeholders with varying incentives and arrive at consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate with various disciplines
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook/Skype
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Must be well organized, problem solver and innovative thinker
- Strong knowledge of and troubleshooting experience in Material Requirement Planning and SAP
- An understanding of the application and concepts of Production and Planning Control fundamentals including MRP, Inventory Management, Supply & Demand, Logistics, Procurement, Capacity Planning, Scheduling, and Lean Manufacturing
- 2+ years of SAP experience
- 6+ years of Material planning in a manufacturing environment
- Fundamental knowledge of government contracting requirements
- Program Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
19859 Highway 80 East