University Programs: Hardware QA Engineer
The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative team member to support automation projects across our Forest, MS Factory.
This individual will be working closely with the Factory Automation team in Forest, MS and will report to the Forest Factory Automation Manager. The candidate’s main role is executing automation projects within SAS factories, with emphasis in Forest, MS. The position will allow for networking across SAS factories, which includes locations in El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS), Santa Barbara County (CA), and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of automation projects either in previous internships, R&D or school projects.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Experience with one or more of the following through prior internships or educational coursework:
- Automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.).
- Automation programming environments.
- Process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems
- Mechanical and/or electrical design, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or other related field.
- CAD (Solidworks, Pro E, AutoCAD electrical, etc.) or other related tools.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying).
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC torque controllers, current and power meters, etc.)
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots is highly desired (Fanuc, UR or others)
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology and/or Six Sigma.
- Ability to collaborate with automation suppliers and integrators.
- Ability to support the production floor during troubleshooting and sustainment.
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation.
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
- Familiarity with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols.
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML).
- Understanding of networking concepts (ie: TCP/IP).
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
- Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a degree within the engineering field (for example, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, or industrial engineering), or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
19859 Highway 80 East