Principal Material Program Manager
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for an experienced Material Program Manager (MPM) for programs located in Dallas, Texas and/or Forest, Mississippi in support of the RSS Product Line. Candidate will need to be a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and be directly accountable for ensuring overall program execution of materials management, ensure program success to cost/schedule/quality, and manage supplier performance in meeting program needs. Candidate must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
Candidate will serve as the liaison between Supply Chain and Program IPT. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supports program capture efforts in working with SCPX to get compliant material pricing submittals and developing BOE’s (Basis of Estimates) for MPM support labor.
- Creates, manages, and executes MPS (Material Program Strategy and the MPP (Material Program Plan) to enable successful execution of program competitiveness and performance; from the front end of the business through contract closure.
- Provides comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDP compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable. Key activities typically include: financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.)
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
- Collaborating with other programs to maximize efficiency of program execution including other RSS programs commonality.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in either Supply Chain, Program Management, or Operations
- Experience in supply chain and related systems, procurement, MRP, receiving, cost estimating, and finance
- Experience with supplier management and/or subcontract management
- Experience in preparation for, or support of negotiations with suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interfacing with all levels of internal management
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Six Sigma Specialist
- Able to coordinate strategies and manage tactical execution
- General understanding of working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Working knowledge in translating customer terms and conditions into supplier requirements and reviewing statements of work for completeness and conformance to program requirements
- General understanding in managing technical requirements to a schedule and budget
Bachler Degree in One of the Following Areas: Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering-General or Industrial, or Operations
19859 Highway 80 East