We’re looking for a hardworking professional with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in structural steel fabrication, from flux core to arc gouging.
Use hand-welding or flame-cutting to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. Weld per AISC D1.1 per drawings in a quality and productive manner.
This is a temp to perm position.
Opportunities for growth.
1st Shift 5:00 am- 3:30 pm (M-F) (possible Saturdays 4:00 am-Noon)
2nd Shift 3:30 pm- 2:00 am (M-F) (possible Saturdays Noon- 8:00 pm)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read and interpret project plans and blue prints.
- Set up and operate fabrication machines based on the job.
- Position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure with straightedges.
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project needs.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on project instructions.
- Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a strong Flux Core background and Arc Gouging experience to be considered for this position.
- Structural Steel Fabrication
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+ years’ experience
- Must be a certified welder per AISC D1.1
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Current and valid certification a plus
- Knowledge of best practices and safety procedures
- Machine, fabrication shop environment.
- Must be able to deal with hot and cold environments
The Junction 6351 I-55 N. Suite 147