location: Natchez, Ms.
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food orders within a timely manner and according to guest special request and Ruby Tuesday recipes. Communicates with the service team and the expo to ensure the food orders meet the guests� expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items.
- Serve hot food hot and cold food cold every time.
- Grill, deep fry, bake, broil, steam and microwave raw and prepared food.
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according to Ruby Tuesday recipes and menu specifications.
- Portion food into individual and bulk packages.
- Wash and clean fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding, or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils and electric equipment.
- Prepare any re-cooks or special order requests.
- Utilize the Kitchen Display System (KDS) effectively in order to maintain the flow of service, control cost/waste, and build sales.
- Complete specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including, but not limited to, the walk-in refrigeration, prep, and dry storage areas.
- Prepare food in a way to avoid waste and spoilage, ensure high quality, and to maintain food safety standards; daily/weekly food inventories correspond with food sales.
- Set up, maintains, and breaks down the kitchen.
- Stock/restock items on the line according to specifications.
- Responsible for the set-up, cleanliness, and organization of the work area before, during, and after every shift.
- Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.